I wanted to share a quick thought. I often get asked:
- How did you get so many followers?
- How do I get a lot of followers?
These questions are irrelevant (and the answer to both is luck). There is every chance that the answers won’t help you and the answers that do help you execute may prove to be worthless exercises anyway. In this scenario you should instead be asking:
- How many click-throughs and conversions does your following provide?
- Is your audience active and engaged?
- How do you maintain and grow this engaged following?
- What are your goals on Twitter, and have you achieved them?
See the difference? Asked any of the latter questions and I’d automatically brush over the former questions but you are likely to get some real meat, numbers and see if the exercise is even worthwhile.